What do you DO all day?

Why are you tired all the time, Ellie?  You sit on your ass all day at home. How could you possibly be tired? Well, I'll clue you in and give you a little glimpse into the awesomeness that is my day to day routine. .

Olivia rarely naps anymore.. I'm lucky if she takes a two hour nap around 10 or 11 am. Since I have a mountain goat instead of a child, most of my waking time consists of pulling her down off of the furniture, and keeping her away from the things she knows she's not supposed to have, such as cell phones and Wii remotes.

Then there's mealtimes. Cutting up tasty bites of food "just so", so she can happily throw the carefully cut bits and pieces onto the ground, while laughing about it. There are 9 million (I swear... I counted) diaper changes to be done. Not only is it just fun all around to change a diaper... try to change a diaper on a child that just wants to get up and run around, right in the middle of it. I'm thinking about petitioning to have it added to the Olympic Summer Games.

Every couple of hours, I have to clean up after Hurricane Olivia, as every single toy she owns.. as well as a few things that aren't toys... have made their way down the stairs, under the couch, and strewn out in the middle of the floor.

 In between all that, I have to taxi Zoe around, to and from school, which is about 25 minutes round trip. Hubby gets home and has a whole 45 minutes between jobs, so I like to spend at least 5 of those with him... if I'm lucky.

Once the evening hits, so begins the daunting task of trying to get little miss to sleep. This usually ends up in tears... for both of us. As soon as she's finally out, it's time to cook dinner,  time to clean up and put the living room back together, time to clean the kitchen, time to catch up on laundry, and if I'm REALLY lucky.... I get a few minutes to do my homework, which often gets neglected. When I'm finally done with cleaning and such, I actually want to have a minute or two to myself and end up putting schoolwork on the backburner.

I usually fall asleep on the couch around 12 or 1 am, even though I have every intention of walking the 10 feet to my comfortable bed... sometimes I just can't muster the strength or the drive. Then I wake up at 6am, to start all over again. And even though I'm completely drained 90% of the time, I love staying home with my girls. I just wish Daddy was able to be at home with us. :(

So there you have it, a day in the life of this stay at home mom. Lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame