Ronry.... I am so ronry...

I hope you read that in the voice of the little Asian guy from "Team America".

But I am lonely. With hubby working two jobs, and the teenager off at school all day, most of my days are spent in the company of the cutest, chubbiest one year old you'll ever see. While I enjoy it immensely, she isn't much of a conversationalist. The most we interact together, is me begging her not to climb up the entertainment center, and her grunting her disapproval at me.

I have bounced around from the Inland Empire, to Phoenix, and then back to Orange County. Most of my friends are in the first two places, which really does me no good. I can't exactly make it to Phoenix and back in time for dinner, and with the time I would spend on the 91, I might as well be driving to Phoenix.

Not only that, but many of my friends either don't have children, or have older children... ones that Zoe grew up with. Some of my friends, I have honestly just... outgrown. The older I get and the different direction my life has taken, has made me realize that things I used to have in common with some of my friends... I no longer do. There are a few tried and true friends that I will love and cherish for eternity but I've just come to a realization that I'm not 20 anymore, and it's hard to get out and party.

I just wish that I had some friends closer. I wish that I could just call someone up (ha ha.... this is funny, because you all know I despise the phone and would rather swallow a rusty razor blade than talk on the phone) and meet them down the street at the park with our little ones. I wish that I had some adult interaction throughout the day. I wish that I could watch something on tv rather than Yo Gabba Gabba and Sesame Street.

Like I said, I adore my life and am thrilled that I get the opportunity to be home with my child... a little adult interaction would benefit me from time to time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame