Back to the Salt Mines

Ah. Another Monday... Had a pretty decent weekend. Decent in the fact that I did practically nothing, and I loved it! Well, I guess I shouldn't say nothing... We did a lot around the house, but we had no obligations for once, which was amazing.

Saturday morning, I took Zoe to volunteer at our Bountiful Baskets site and we picked up our basket. It was a fun experience. If anyone wants to know more about the program, let me know, because it is pretty damn awesome. You never know what you're going to get... and sometimes it's things you wouldn't have even considered. For instance, I got a couple of large beets with all of the leaves attached. So I looked up a recipe, and ended up sauteing them in garlic, lemon juice, and red peppers. Went awesome with the tri tip and baked potatoes! Pretty darn good. We also made fresh fruit smoothies with some of the fruit we got.

After that, we came home and did some rearranging in our house. It's hard because I have this idea of what I want our house to look like, but we don't really have the time or means to make it all happen right now (talking about adding/removing walls, completely repainting everything, stuff to the yard, etc). It will happen over time though. We have another 29 years of mortgage payments, so I think it'll get done a little at a time.

Sunday was full of stuff to do. laundry, cooking, more rearranging, and cleaning. Many things went into the trash. Our garbage man probably hates us. I absolutely loved our family time this weekend though. Board games, watching movies together, etc. These are the times I adore, and I'm so happy that we had time to just spend time together.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!



Today's Awesome: Reconnecting with people you haven't talked to in almost 20 years. And realizing you're so much alike...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame