Resolutions

Although I rarely make new years resolutions, I decided to make a couple this year. One, was to rely less on social media in keeping in contact with my friends and family. I definitely need to learn to reconnect with people better, and spend less time online. Not only will this hopefully strengthen my relationships, but also give me more time to focus on things in life that are more important. That being said, I will probably be pretty absent from my FB account for a while. I will probably use this to update people on pictures, goings on, etc.

So, here's what's happening around my hood. It's January now, and I'm getting ready to start back to classes after a much much much needed break from school. I am pretty much just.... over school right now. I have to finish because I just have to. I have until October still, and I'm just dreading these last few months. I've worked really hard at this, while having a full time job, family, etc. I'm burnt out and I just want to be finished.

I'm dealing with our loss still. I know many people may not see the big deal in a pregnancy loss, but it was a big deal to us. True that its a different situation than losing an actual living, breathing child... but once you get two lines on that test, your world changes. You're filled with hopes and dreams for your future. You think about all the ways that your life will change. You start picking out names, you start thinking of decorating a nursery, you daydream about what your baby is going to look like. You go to the doctor and you see an ultrasound. You see a heartbeat. And just like that... it's over, in the blink of an eye. It hurts to be as far along as we were, and to start thinking that I was in the clear. I was almost past the "danger" area where many of them happen. I'm so glad I've had so much support around me, especially my husband who was there to hold my hand during surgery, and hold me when the tears wouldnt stop coming.

We're getting ready to do some home improvements to our new house. We have so many things that we are planning to make this house our own. It will probably be slow going because we have so many things we want to do, but we're excited regardless. It will all come together eventually.

Getting ready for Olivia's birthday party. I cannot believe she is turning 2 already! It seemed like just yesterday I was waiting for her to get here. Now she's running around, talking, coloring, and has the neatest personality. It is so bittersweet, because while I love watching her grow and learn everyday and see the person she is becoming, I miss when she was tiny and I could just cuddle and snuggle her all the time. Anyways, her party will probably be pretty low key. I know a few people in Arizona, but it will be nothing like her first birthday party. I think we are doing the alphabet theme. She loooooves the alphabet and numbers, so it will probably be pretty cute.

Alright, well I think thats it for now. I'm sure there will be more pointless ramblings on here before too long. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame