Boobs.

    In the past few years, I’ve noticed a giant push for breastfeeding. I wont argue that breast is best for babies. I’m also not going to look down on anyone who chooses not to. Personally, I pumped for the first 3-4 months months because I wasn’t as educated as I am now and didn’t know what I was doing. I look back daily, and wish I had bit the bullet and tried harder and looked for more information. Because I exclusively pumped, my supply ran out quickly, leaving me heartbroken and broke from buying formula.




    What bothers me… is that with such a big push towards education and breastfeeding, women are constantly shunned for wanting to feed their children in public. Some may not understand that babies do not get the concept of wait until you find a private, closed off place to feed them. When they’re hungry, they’re hungry. They’re infants.



    Going along with yesterday’s (evidently controversial) blog…. As a society, we have sexualized breasts to the point where it’s considered indecent for a woman to discreetly breastfeed their children in public. I’ve read so many news stories of women being harassed and kicked out of places for simply doing what mother nature intended and feeding their children.



    Newsflash, men… boobs weren’t put here for your pleasure. They're not intended for motorboating. You may FIND pleasure in them, but they’re for nourishment for our children. The sooner people realize that, the sooner society will accept that it’s NOT indecent to feed a baby in public, and women can stop being ashamed, having to run to a dirty bathroom in a mall, or go sit in their cars to do something so natural.



I’m ashamed that society has this view on breastfeeding, and I hope it turns around soon…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame