Goodbye

Today, we woke up in a world without you in it.... and it sucks. I regret heavily that we never got to make the 5 hour plane trip out to see you, so I could finally meet the person who made my husband so happy. I enjoyed talking with you online, reading your witty and insightful comments. You always had a way of making me think about things.

Watching my husband suffer through this, is almost unbearable. He loved you so very much. I know he appreciated what a great father and friend you were. He told me stories of the two of you and what good times you had together. I need to thank you... for helping to shape the man he is today. He is an amazing husband, father, and friend, and I know you had a lot to do with that. Thank you for taking the time to be a father to him, when he needed it.

My only consolation is that I know you're still here. I know that somewhere you are looking down on us and will always be with us.

You will be missed very much. RIP.

Comments

  1. I keep thinking of Carl and then of Jon and it just makes my heart so heavy. The tears keep falling and I don't know how to make them stop. He was such a wonderful person/friend/father and he will be so very missed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame