One.

One post in the last 12 months.


Ironically enough, it was about new years and resolutions that I had created and had hoped to keep.


Want to take an educated guess at how many I kept? Let me save you the trouble. Approximately zero.


I don't have a piano and had zero time to take lessons. I haven't focused my energy on school, I've just been going through the motions. I don't know what else I promised myself that I would do, but I'm sure I failed miserably.


What I can tell you, is a little about where I am now however.


I'm in school still. My second master's hasn't been as stressful as my first, but I just haven't focused as much as I want on it. My GPA is impressive given this fact, at a 3.75. I have about 8 months left and then I start my practicum. Once that's finished, I'll be a licensed counselor in the state of Arizona. Again though... going through the motions and not making a point to be more involved and receptive.


Leaving my job at child protective services has been a blessing. I miss the security of having a government job, but that's honestly about it. I do not miss the constant stress and physical ailments of having such a crazy workload. I'm working in the mental health field and making more money than I did at CPS, and there are a lot of opportunities for advancement, which makes me happy. Once my degree is finished, I'll have a lot more doors opened.


My one goal for this year, is to spend more time with my family and focus on what is important. My daughter turns 6 soon. SIX. I'm doing my best to come up with fun and educational activities for us to do as a family together, however it's the day to day things... putting down the phone. Turning off the tv. My husband is my best friend and he's given me the best gift possible and I need to show him that same respect and love that he shows me on a daily basis. So I'll be actively pushing to work on that goal. It may seem like a no-brainer to some, but I think it's important and something that will make the most difference in my life.


This one is more important than any resolutions made in the past, so here's hoping I can remember this on a daily basis. To stop and appreciate the little things. The little moments that make life worth living. <3 p="">

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame