Wish


I wish my husband knew how important he is to me. I wish he knew exactly how much I love him. I wish he knew that my heart still skips a beat when he walks through the door.

We all know what happens with time. We get comfortable. We find a routine. The day to day responsibilities of career, housework, social life, school, hobbies, bills, and trying to keep children alive, can take over. It's stressful, it's frustrating, it can be downright depressing at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love it.

What I wish he knew, is that he helped to give me this life. He supports me in my career endeavors. He cheers me on when I want to take a new path in my career or work on improving my current one. He shows interest and enthusiasm when I start a new hobby, or get better at one that I currently have. He cleans up around the house and cooks fabulous meals. He makes sure that our child has attention, knowledge, and love. He never fails to ask me how my day was, or how I am feeling. He will stop what he is doing to make sure that I am comfortable, he will rub my feet after a long day or rub the never-ending knots out of my back. He is amazing at telling me that I am beautiful. Every. Day. He will compliment me and hug me if I'm not feeling my best.

I wish he knew that he was my rock. That there is no way that I could ever imagine facing this life without him. I wish he knew how lucky I am to have found him, after all of these years, and that the thought of growing old and growing gray hair together (even though that is sort of already happening), excites me. The thought of spending the rest of my life and sharing in all of this makes me feel happy, secure, confident, and loved.

I wish he knew that even though I don't always show it when life gets complicated or stressful,  that I love him more than I could possibly ever love a human being. I wish he knew that I DO REALIZE how incredibly lucky that I am, and that I have what some people can only dream of.

I wish he knew the extent of my love for him and how extremely thankful that I am to be married to my best friend. My soul mate.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Double Cheeseburger and a Diet Coke, Please!