I miss you.

I miss you like crazy when you finally fall asleep. I want to wake you up to play more. I love that you interact with me and are gaining your independence. I can't get enough of you. Every hug and kiss... does not seem like it's big enough to express how much I love you.

I miss when you were smaller. I loved when you used to fall asleep cuddling with me, when I could stare at you in my arms for hours while you slept. When you'd stare at me, and I'd talk to you, and you seemed so interested in what I had to say. Now, I'm lucky if I get 10 seconds of uninterupted hugs before you're walking off to find something more interesting.

I miss feeling you move inside of me. The feeling of uncertainty.... Who would you be? What would you look like? When would you get here?

Things have gone by so fast. Everyone says that... but I don't think anyone believes it until they're actually here. I'm crying as I'm writing this, because I know that time will continue to fly by. I'm cherishing every moment I have with you.. believe me. All the poopy diapers, sleepless nights, exhaustion... it's worth it. Every. Single. Minute.

I want you to stay little forever. Although, I am enjoying learning every day... about the person you are becoming. You are learning so much every day. Everything is new and amazing to you, and it makes me smile to watch you grow.

If I could only stop time.....

Comments

  1. That is beautiful. Every day that goes by is another memory made.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame