On track

As much as I preach healthy lifestyles to others... I was not following my own advice. I was for a good chunk of time. Eating right and exercising was a staple in my life for a good while. However, my unexpected pregnancy threw me and my body for a loop.

I'm not ashamed to say that I used the pregnancy as an excuse for a free for all. Anything I could possibly eat, I ate... After a long period of living a healthy lifestyle, I had fallen off the wagon. I didnt exercise because I was terrified of causing a miscarriage (ironic, right?). I wanted to make sure I was getting enough calories, but evidently.... those calories came in empty form and I was eating complete crap.

After the loss, I wanted nothing to do with anything. I just didn't care. I didn't want to even try to make an effort. I noticed that I was putting on weight though. My face had filled out again and the kicker was looking in the mirror the other day, and realizing that I probably looked like I should have if I was still pregnant at this time. Once I stepped on the dreaded scale... I realized that within 3 short months, I had gained a whopping 40 lbs... HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN??? Yikes.

Enough is enough. So I'm back on track. I'm eating what I need to be eating. I'm working out at night, even though there are a million other things I could be doing... I need to do this for me. My abs hurt today. My arms hurt. My legs hurt. Everything hurts.... and instead of being upset that I'm so sore, I feel awesome. I feel great that I'm back to taking care of ME.




Today's awesome: Those two hours I get with my hubby while we carpool to work. It's nice to be able to spend that time together. Granted, in the morning it's usually a series of grunts and half asleep sentences, but it's still nice that we're able to squeeze in a couple extra hours we normally wouldn't have gotten.

Comments

  1. Good job! We can help motivate each other while at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I understand that living a healthy lifestyle is hard to begin again, and making it a habit again sux but we both know the rewards are tremendous! To do nothing at all is easy, but getting your butt off the couch or out of bed to work, exercise, and eat a salad when everyone else is eating pizza takes serious balls and serious discipline. Just know that people are silently watching you and wishing they had that fight. While you maon over your salad and water, they are thinking they should have had one too and in their mind they are saying "Maybe I'll start eating healthy too...but I'll do it Monday or on New Years..." Horay for you for picking yourself up and getting in the ring again. I applaud you and I want you to know that by commiting to this lifestyle again you may be unknowingly encouraging others to join!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Double Cheeseburger and a Diet Coke, Please!