Resolutions: Version 2.0

     Each year when the clock strikes midnight on December 31, people kiss the ones they love, they sing Auld Lang Syne, and they participate in general debauchery. The liquor flows, the nicotine burns, the eating commences. Basically, every piss poor habit that a person feels that they may have, gets over indulged on this particular day and more than likely the last 30 or so days leading up to it.

     New year, new me, right? I'm going to wake up somewhere between 8am and 6pm on January 1st, and I'm going to resolve to change things that I feel are bad. I'm going to drag my ass to the now overcrowded gym daily for about 2 or 3 weeks. Then I'll start finding excuses...I'll eat a few cheeseburgers. Yes, I've done this practically every year since I was old enough to understand I actually had faults (so, about 3 years ago, maybe). Each time, it was something about my health. I was going to quit smoking. I was going to go on a diet. I was going to work out more. I wanted to change something about me that I was unhappy with. Great! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sometimes people see it as a way to reset the clock and work on themselves. Do you, boo.

     What should I do this year though? I already lost 100 pounds in the last year. I'm already getting out and making my body happy by exercising... treating it like it was designed. I quit smoking a pack and a half a day over a year and a half ago. What could possibly be left? I can't say that I'm happy with myself 100%, but I have made such vast improvements. If only I could stop being such an asshole though.......... work in progress.

     So, the answer is simple. Enrichment. I plan on having a new hobby that challenges me. You see, I'm obsessed with classical music lately. Baroque type stuff. I would love to learn to play a specific song on the piano, or least part of it. Now, just to find a piano. And  learn to read sheet music. And develop patience so that I'm not throwing around valuables when I fuck up. Secondly, I would like to push myself to study even harder when I start back to school in January. It's not enough that I already finished my first master's degree. I'm a glutton for punishment and I plan on continuing as far as I can go. So, though I graduated with better than a 3.0, I know I can do better this time around. I can take it a little more serious than programs before and I can work on my absorption. I'm a career student. I need to be better at it though.

     Lastly, I plan on working to enrich the lives of those around me. I had a fundraiser a month prior where I was able to purchase feminine products for girls and ladies in need. This is a huge issue, as this is an often overlooked item for donations, but is definitely needed. I am working on finding the time and right place to donate so that it helps as many people as possible. I got a lot of enjoyment from working towards this goal, and I plan on continuing to be altruistic and attempting to help those around me and in my community.. There are so many issues that need to be addressed... so many ways to help our fellow man and those within our community. It's important and I'll do what I can when I can. Although, my career pretty much guarantees that I'll be working towards helping my community, there is always room for more!

     So there you have it, folks. Trying to be artsy fartsy, and share my food. That's pretty  much it. You know what though, this isn't a promise, but a goal that I'll be working towards. However, if I'm unable to meet these goals, or don't go as far as I'd like... Kanye shrug... I'll try, and that's all I can do. There's always next year.




Comments

  1. And the year after, and the year after...... You have accomplished so much. I'm amazed at your drive. You push your limits. You tip the scales with your achievements. I hope your New year is amazing in everyway. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the year after, and the year after...... You have accomplished so much. I'm amazed at your drive. You push your limits. You tip the scales with your achievements. I hope your New year is amazing in everyway. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookworm

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Shame